Why Topcon GPS & GNSS Systems are Essential for Modern ConstructionAfgen Personnel
With advancements in technology, construction has become more precise and efficient. From simple tools like compasses and rulers to highly sophisticated technology like GPS/GNSS, construction has come a long way. One of the most notable names in this industry is Topcon, a leading provider of surveying equipment for construction. Their GPS/GNSS systems have become essential tools for modern construction projects, and in this article, we explore why.
Why Are GPS and GNSS Systems Essential In Modern Construction?
The application of GNSS/GPS technology in modern construction projects helps the contractors to:
- Accurately complete projects (especially large-scale construction projects).
- Organise the construction site by locating and tracking equipment easily.
- Create detailed and precise 3D models of the construction site for planning and simulation purposes.
- Enhance the safety of construction workers by providing real-time location data and warning alerts to prevent mishaps.
- Save time and money by improving the accuracy of measurements, reducing rework and waste of resources.
Without a proper working GPS, construction projects would still be relying on traditional methods that are not only time-consuming but also prone to human error.
Topcon Positioning Systems is a trusted provider of cutting-edge products in construction, agriculture and healthcare. With Topcon’s history and expertise in the surveying and construction industry, their GPS/GNSS systems stand out for various reasons.
According to Topcon, their GNSS solutions are built to provide productivity 24/7. And in modern construction projects, productivity, time and accuracy are crucial. Therefore, Topcon’s GPS/GNSS systems are designed to be easy to use, providing contractors with accurate measurements and real-time data in a user-friendly interface.
How Do Topcon GPS/GNSS Systems Work?
In simple terms, these Topcon GPS survey equipment systems receive the same satellite positioning data you get on a smartphone map or navigation system in a vehicle. The difference is that these systems are specifically designed for survey and earthmoving operations.
So how do they work? Here is a quick rundown:
- GPS/GNSS receivers are mounted on top of rovers or machines to determine the precise position of objects.
- The rovers or machines use the information to survey a site and create a profile that exactly matches the coordinates on a digital topographic plan.
- The GNSS/GPS receives broadcasted radio corrections from the on-site GPS base station (the middle point of any GPS/GNSS system) to make it accurate for rovers or machines in the field.
Different Topcon GPS/GNSS Systems
There are different Topcon GPS/GNSS models to choose from, depending on the specific needs of your business. At Afgen, an authorised Topcon survey instrument dealer in Southern Africa, we offer a range of Topcon GPS for sale, including:
For the best price of Topcon’s GPS/GNSS systems, contact our experienced technical team at Afgen today!