How To Use A Laser LevelAfgen Personnel
The industrial industry demands precision. It is where millimetres matter, where accurate measurements are pivotal, and where details count. And to make sure that accuracy is achieved, a laser level should be put into practice.
A laser level is an excellent tool for making sure that the job is done correctly and precisely. It’s no wonder why it has become so popular across various industries and different job sites around the world.
But if you’ve never used one before, it can be confusing and intimidating. So how do you use a laser level? Read on to find out.
What Is A Laser Level?
A laser level works by projecting a line of light onto the desired area and then measuring it with a laser detector. It gives an accurate reading in millimetres for either horizontal, vertical, or angular positions.
What Are The Different Types Of Laser Levels?
Laser levels come in a variety of styles and designs, depending on the desired purpose. A laser level’s price bracket also varies depending on the type and its features.
The two most common types of laser levels found in South Africa are:
Rotary Laser Levels:
A rotary laser level emits a 360-degree laser level line – creating the perfect oriental reference. A rotating laser is often used in projects where layouts need to be measured, and results need to be accurate.
Grade Laser Levels:
A grade laser level, also known as a slope laser, calculates slopes. Whether it is a slope on a hill, rise, or fall – a grade laser level can display the angle. A grade laser level can be bought in a single slope reading or a dual slope reading, depending on the job project.
How To Use A Laser Level.
Before you embark on any project, you must know how to use a laser level correctly. Here are some instructions on how to use it:
- Attach the laser level to a tripod (if you’re using one) and ensure it is stable before you start.
- Make sure the laser level is in a level position by adjusting the legs of the tripod and/or the bubble vials.
- Turn on the laser level, which can be done with a switch or by pressing a button.
- Look through the laser level’s viewfinder to ensure that it is lined up correctly with your project’s layout. If you need to adjust the laser level, use the controls on the side of the device.
- Set your desired distance by pressing the up or down arrow on the laser level.
- To ensure accuracy, you should check that the laser beam is level by sweeping it across a flat surface.
- Once the beam is level, aim it at the desired target on your project and make sure that it is aligned correctly with the laser level’s viewfinder.
If you are still unsure about how to use this tool, it is best to consult the user manual that came with your device.
At Afgen, we understand that it can be difficult to use a laser level correctly for certain industrial projects. To make your life easier, give us a call today, and we can advise you on how to best use your laser level in South Africa!