Construction Laser: A Powerful Construction Industry ToolAfgen Personnel
The development of construction lasers changed the construction industry completely. However, since their launch, they have also evolved and have grown in their features and capabilities. This has made them an invaluable tool for companies that are present in the field of construction. In this article, we will explain what their capabilities are and how they can benefit those within the construction industry.
What Are Lasers Used for in Construction?
A construction laser is also often referred to as a laser level. It is utilised to perform and receive accurate levels and measurements. Ultimately, the tool projects a laser beam onto a surface, This then indicates a straight line or level plane.
There are typically two types of construction lasers that are used for different purposes and fulfil different requirements within the construction industry. These two lasers are known as rotary laser level and grade lasers. Here is what they are used for:
- Rotary Laser Levels: These lasers emit a laser level line that spans 360°. They can be utilised to gain orientation references for horizontal, vertical, and slope applications. One is also able to use them indoors and outdoors, depending on the job requirements.
- Grade Lasers: These lasers are specifically used for slope applications as they are able to calculate the rise of a slope or hill. Dual and single slope options are available. The only difference between the two is; the single slope option can measure one slope/hill at a time while the dual option can measure two at a time.
Benefits of Laser Scanning in Construction
There are many benefits that a construction laser provides to those on construction sites. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Time-Saving: A construction laser is able to provide information regarding straight lines and level planes extremely quickly. Therefore, production times will increase and jobs will be completed faster.
- Accuracy: Not only do these lasers provide information quickly but they are extremely accurate. They also eliminate the chances of human error, ensuring that measurements are always correct. This level of accuracy is especially important when working on large and complex projects.
- Versatility: Construction lasers are very versatile in their uses as they can be used for both indoor and outdoor applications. Whether it be for plumbing, wall alignment, laying tiles, installing electrical systems or grading a slope, these lasers can be used in almost every phase of a construction project.
- Cost Effective: As projects are completed in less time and there are fewer mistakes that need to be rectified at a later stage, these lasers end up saving money as well. Therefore a construction laser is a must-have tool for any company that works within the construction industry.
Afgen stocks a variety of high-quality construction lasers that will assist in the construction process. Contact our experienced team to find out which construction laser will be best suited to your specific requirements.